Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lifes questions.

I don't know about any of you out there, but I have never written a blog before. The occasional facebook/ twitter status update, but never a passage of length that has some importance or significance.

I know that I haven't properly introduced myself. So I will fill in some details.

I was born in England and came to Australia when I was 4 years old. My mother's side is from Hong Kong and father's side from England.
My parents followed my mothers grandparents and one of my mother's sister to Melbourne. I do still have some memories from then, which include being separated from a best friend and other friends, family and close neighbourhood friends.

To this day I have many 'what if' questions.... like what would my life be like if I was still over there, or the biggest question, what am I? Am I Australian, British Australian, or perhaps mixed? Even this question, does where I come from truly matter to my happiness and to who I am?

Many overseas students may be asking themselves similar questions as visa holders or as permanent residents, and the only answer that I could give is that you don't need to have these questions answered in your 20's, but to know that you do your best every day helps to learn who you are as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment