Saturday, September 4, 2010

Keeping in touch with Family

Once a month I have dinner with my mum (my parents divorced earlier this year) and we tried a great new restaurant- Mongolian BBQ in Ringwood north. As we were eating and catching up on family, work and our lives, she told me that my cousins' wife, who lives in China, was in an accident had had to have many stitches in her head.

She and I used to be really close good friends, almost sisters, when she lived in Melbourne up to 3 years ago when they went back to China. We kept e-mailing each other every week, then we lost touch for the past year.

What I am trying to relay here, is that just because you are here in Melbourne and busy with study, work and creating a social life, don't forget that your family is important too. Even just a 5 minute phone call once a week will keep you grounded to know that your family is alright or that you are doing well to your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment